Sunday, November 12, 2017

Brand Spotlight: Look using The Sola Look

The Sola Look: Vampy Fall/Winter Look


Hello all! Happy Sunday! This weekend, I decided to play around with my Dirty Dancing palette from The Sola Look. I wanted to create a look to incorporate most of the colors in the palette. I am pretty pleased with how it turned out. If you would like to know how I achieved this look, keep on reading.

   
I started off by priming my eye lids using my UD shadow insurance. I then set that with the shade light pink from my Lorac Pro palette.

I then went in with a flat shader brush and the shade "I carried a watermelon". This is a shimmery watermelon reddish pink. I applied that to the lid. Note: When I wore this out, one of my friends said that it looked like "Venetian Red" from the ABH Modern Renaissance palette. So if you wanted to recreate this, you could use that shadow and achieve a similar effect. I do not have the ABH Modern Renaissance so I cannot compare swatches.

I then applied the shade Cha Cha which is a matte purple, over the reddish shade. This will not entirely change the color, but it will soften the intensity of that red shade.

Using a crease brush, I applied the shade Back to the Playpen, which is a powder blue.

To deepen out the look, I used Johnny Castle, which is a black shade. Note: This black is not as intense as other blacks such as Carbon from MAC. BUT it is intense enough for the look I was going for.

I moisturized my face with my farsali rose gold oil.

I applied my dark circle concealer in fair and blended with the smaller end of the beautyblender.

I then applied my Too Faced Born this Way concealer in fair.

For foundation, I used my Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation in fair beige and blended that out with a damp beautyblender.

I set my under eyes with my Laura Mercier brightening under eye powder.

I set my face with my Physicians Formula powder.

I removed the excess under eye powder with a clean angled brush.

I then smudged a tiny bit of that reddish and purplish color to my under eye lash line.

For brows, I used my NYX dark brown pencil and my essence gel in brownie brown.

As a brow bone highlight, I used the shade White from Lorac Pro.

To contour, I used the shade Taupe from my Lorac Pro palette.

For blush, I used my iSOCiETY COSMETICS blush in lady bug.

For face highlight, I used my cover fx drops in moonlight.

I set everything with the Mario Badescu rose water spray.

I used Benefit Roller Lash for mascara.


I used my sample of Marc Jacobs liner to line my water line.

To finish off the look, I used my sample size lipstick by Bite beauty in the shade Liquorice, which is a dark vampy red.

I hope you all enjoyed this look! I definitely enjoyed playing around with my Sola Look palette.

Thanks for reading!

    ~Naty


No comments:

Post a Comment