Sunday, November 5, 2017

Brand Spotlight: Anastasia Beverly Hills Look 1

Hello everyone! Welcome back! I have been missing from the blogging world for about a month. October was pretty hectic and I did not find time to follow through on my posts. I do have several looks that I began but I never got around to posting. 

This past month, I focused on using my new palette by ABH, the Subculture palette. I can honestly say, yes the shadows are crumbly and there is a decent amount of fall out, but you can definitely make them work. I took some pictures of several looks and will be posting them slowly. 

So, without further ado, here is the first look I created. If you want to know how I achieved it, keep on reading!


To start off, I began by prepping my eyelids with my UD primer potion and setting that with the shade light pink from my Lorac Pro palette. Please note, the ABH subculture palette does not have a shade to highlight or set primer for those of us that are on the procelain/fair range. The shade Dawn is a tad too dark.


I then picked up the shade Edge, which is a nice yellow toned shadow and applied that to the crease. 


I then applied the shade Axis all over the lid and blended it towards the crease shade. I used an It Cosmetics All over shadow brush. The key with these dark shades is to pick up tiny amounts of product and apply them. I did notice some patchiness but I could easily go back in with some more color and apply over it.

I moisturized my face with my farsali rose oil.

I concealed my under eye circles with my NYX dark circle concealer. I then brightened a bit using Too Faced Born this Way concealer in fair. 

For my face, I used my Sonia Kashuk foundation in 01, bisque. I am honestly not a fan of this foundation. It does not blend well over my face oil and the perfume smell is just too overwhelming!


I set my under eyes with my Laura Mercier secretly brightening powder and a dry beauty blender.


I set my face with my Physicians Formula powder.


I used a clean angled brush to remove excess powder from my under eyes.


For brows, I used my NYX brow pencil and my essence make me brow in brownie brow.


For bronzer, I used my Too Faced Sun bunny.


For blush, I went with Tarte in the shade peaceful, a shimmery coral.


For highlight, I used Angel by UD Gwen face palette.


I set my face using my Mario Badescu Rose water spray.


For mascara, I used my Benefit Roller Lash mascara.


For lips, I used my liquid velvet lipstick from iSOCiETY in the shade on ice, a champagne shimmery shade.


I honestly really enjoyed this palette all month. The shades are beautiful and they are highly highly pigmented. I did notice that there was a ton of fall out from the darker shades so make sure to wipe your under eyes before you proceed with the rest of your makeup or you will smear the color all over your face (learned that the hard way!). Other than that, if you have patience to work with this palette, it is definitely worth it!

Here  is a close up of the darker shades on my eyes:

What are your thoughts? Did you get your hands on this palette?

As usual, thanks so much for reading!

~Naty

No comments:

Post a Comment