Saturday, April 1, 2017

Tutorial: Duochrome eyes and Pink lips


Hello everyone! I am back with a look using my new Tarte Tarteist Pro eye palette. I wanted to try out the shade "Trendy", which is described as a "prismatic teal". I see some teal and some reddish brown tones to it. So without further ado, here is the how to. 


As usual, start off by priming your lids. I used Too Faced Shadow insurance and set that with the shade "Classic", a matte vanilla/cream color.

I then used a crease brush and applied "Whimsy", a warm orange-brown. This is the perfect crease shade to warm up any look. 

I then applied "Trendy" to the lid using a flat shade brush. I felt I had to really pack this shade on and "press down" instead of swiping the brush to get the best color pay off.

I then switched gears and did my foundation. I used Tarte Rainforest of the Sea in the shade Fair Beige and applied that with a beautyblender.

I recently have noticed some creases under my eyes which I believe are from allergies, so I picked up this Elf under eye hydrating primer. Still does not prevent the product from creasing but it looks a bit better than it did without the primer. The shade of this product is a bit orange-ish but rubs on clear. I applied a tiny tiny pump (a drop is enough for both eyes) and applied that with my ring finger patting to blend. I recommend patting product in the under eye area as rubbing can be a bit harsh for such a sensitive spot.

I then used my color corrector by catrice in the salmon shade to color correct my under eyes. I patted that on with my ring finger and blended with a beauty blender.

I applied Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Chantilly (a bit too light for me but I can make it work in the winter time) and blended that out with a beautyblender.

I set the under eyes and foundation with my Laura Mercier translucent setting powder. Although this is not as brightening as the Besame brightening powder, I like that this one treats my dry skin a lot better.

I did my brows using my NYX dark brown pencil and set that with my essence lash and brow clear gel.

I used the shade vintage on a crease brush and applied that as a highlight. This is a cream colored shade with some pink tones in it.

I used some of the shade "Trendy" and applied that to the lower lash line.

For bronzer, I used the shade Lo-Fi from the UD Gwen Stefani palette.

For highlight, I used the shade Angel from the same UD Gwen palette.

For blush I used the tiniest amount of Ladybug from iSOCiETY Cosmetics.

I applied liner to my top and bottom water line. For liner, I used my sample Marc Jacobs gel liner in black.

I set my makeup with Mario Badescu rose water spray before the mascara to avoid messes.

For mascara, I used my iSOCiETY mascara in Hello Sailor.

Finally, for lips I used my MAC cosmetics Nutcracker Sweet Pink Patent polish in the shade Hopelessly Devoted. I believe these were limited edition during the holiday season so I don't believe you will be able to find them (maybe on ebay). A comparable color could be Show Orchid or Candy Yum Yum.

I hope you enjoyed this look, I definitely enjoyed playing with the colors!

Thank you all for taking the time to read this. Have a great rest of your day/weekend!

   ~Naty

No comments:

Post a Comment