Sunday, April 30, 2017

Brand Spotlight: The Sola Look: Dirty Dancing Edition

Hello all! I hope you are doing well! I am back with a brand spotlight post. This time, I will be discussing the brand the Sola Look. This is a small company that focuses on lipsticks and eye shadow. They have a couple quads of eye shadow that are part of the regular line and they currently have two limited edition collections, the Flash Dance palette and the Dirty Dancing palette.

I have always wanted to try this brand but I had yet to pull the trigger. Of course I absolutely had to pull the trigger once I saw they had a Dirty Dancing collection coming out. Not only am I makeup obsessed but I am also a huge fan of Dirty Dancing and just absolutely needed this in my collection. I went ahead and pre-ordered my palette. This was a whole month before it shipped for pre-orders and before it was available for general purchase. 

I waited with anticipation for the delivery and even tracked it while it was shipping. Imagine my surprise when I came home and my package was nowhere to be found. I thought that perhaps my husband had come home and found it and put it inside the apartment but he had not. Of course I was upset. We tried contacting the post office but every time we called they would say they had no leads and to call back. Finally, my husband went ahead and emailed the company. To our surprise, David, one of the owners was the one to respond! He was kind enough to send us a new palette, which I finally have in my hands! 

Not only are the products high quality, but their customer service is A+++! SO, on to what you are all really interested in... the product!


The packaging looks like an old VHS with pictures from the film on the front, on the back and on the inside.


Inside you will see a decent sized mirror, four shadows and a highlight. From left to right: Cha Cha which is a matte-satin leaning shadow, I carried a watermelon which is a pinkish red with some shimmer, merengue, a peachy satin/sparkly shade, back to the playpen which is a matte gray, and Johnny Castle, also a matte in black.


On the back is an iconic picture from the movie. All in all, the shadows are highly pigmented, and easily blendable. You don't really have to build up much of the color. 

It also comes with a liquid lipstick that is pretty comfortable on the lips. It definitely feels a little tacky on the lips but it definitely dries and does not really transfer.

The lipstick is in the shade Baby which is described as a rustic terracotta pink. It is a beautiful shade that would look good on any skintone. 

I can honestly say not only am I super impressed with the quality of the products but I am so impressed with their customer service. 

I cannot wait to check out more of their products!

Keep an eye out for a look using these products, it should be up shortly!

Thank you all for reading! If you are interested in checking out this brand, head to their website at https://solalook.com/.


Thanks!

    ~Naty

No comments:

Post a Comment