Monday, January 15, 2018

Final Empties of 2017

November/December 2017 EMPTIES

Hello everyone! I am here with a post for my empties of November/December of 2017. I did not use up a whole lot of products at the end of last year but I figured I would share those.

First, I finished off my Laura Mercier Secretly brightening setting powder. I was using this to set my under eye concealer. I liked this product due to the brightening effect but I felt it was a bit drying to my under eyes. I like the translucent version better, even though that one is not brightening. This is $26 at Sephora.

My beautyblender solid. This is my favorite wash for my brushes and beautyblender. It cleans blenders and brushes really well doesn't really have a strong scent. This is about $16 at Sephora. A good dupe would be the Sephora brand cleaner which is about $14, so you would save a couple bucks. It is really good as well, but I feel the beautyblender cleans by sponge a bit better/quicker. I already purchased a back up. I believe you can find this sometimes as a 100pt perk, but I am not sure if it is the same size.

My all time favorite dry shampoo....not your mother's in clean freak. I will always repurchase this. I believe it comes in different scents, this one is just the "fresh" smelling one. I purchase this at Ulta and it runs about $6.

I tried this mask as an impulse buy at Ulta. It is the Leader's Amazonian Acai Anti-pollution mask. It is a sheet mask. You leave it on for about 10-15 min and then rub in the remaining product. My skin felt great! This is also available at Ulta and it is about $6.

My go to makeup removing wipes. These are the original Neutrogena wipes. I really like these, they are great for dry skin as they do not drag. It does leave a residue though. These typically run about $7 or you can find them in a two pack for about $12.

Benefit roller lash. This is a sample size. I think this was a good mascara but I didn't think it was amazing to be worth purchasing the full price. I believe you can buy this at Sephora, Ulta, or the benefit website. I am still on the hunt for that HG mascara. My requirements: waterproof, volumizing, and lengthening. If you have a HG mascara that meets this criteria, leave it in the comment section!

This is the clinique high impact mascara. I got this as a sample. Let me just be honest, I hated this product. It did not do anything what-so-ever to my lashes. I would not purchase a full size of this.

A sample chubby stick from clinique in the shade plumped up pink. This was okay. I have plenty of other moisturizers that I prefer so I don't think I will purchase full size.

This lip balm from Bah Hum Zum. This is a local brand to the KC area so I am not sure if you can find it elsewhere. I got this as a present. I loved it! It is peppermint and moisturizes very well. I believe you can find this brand on amazon. 

Yes to coconuts. This is a hand cream. It smells like the beach! I had this at my desk at work and anytime I felt overwhelmed or stressed, I would open this and take a good whiff. It smelled sooooo good and was very rich and creamy. I believe Ulta carries this brand. I would totally repurchase this. 

This is a sample bronzer from Too Faced. This is the Sun Bunny. I did not really finish this but it is way past its prime at about 4 years, so I am getting rid of this. 

Verb hair leave in conditioner. This is a wonderful product. It does not weigh my hair down, it detangles, and provides heat protection. I am already on my second bottle. I have hair that goes down to about the back bra strap. I typically use 8 pumps and that is enough for my entire hair. You could probably use less but my hair gets pretty tangled. This is about $16. For me, it lasted almost a year. I get this at Sephora.

Finally, this body cream from Bath and Body Works. It is the Almond and Vanilla. It smells wonderful. Unfortunately, I don't think it is thick enough to help my rough, scaley winter skin. It is pretty good for spring/fall though. This is the usual body cream price of $13-15. I would repurchase but not for the winter months. 

That is it! Those are all the products I used up/got rid of during the months of November and December. I hope you enjoyed this empties.

Thanks so much for reading!

    ~Naty






No comments:

Post a Comment