Monday, January 2, 2017

Emerald Look using Kat Von D’s Metal Matte Palette


Hello everyone! I hope you all had a Happy Holiday! Since I have the day off today, I figured I would play with this baby that I got for my birthday, the Kat Von D Metal Matte palette, and can I say boy am I glad I got it? I actually changed my mind about buying it myself! I used a couple of the green shades, which I rarely use, but they are beautiful! I am so pumped that I got this as a present! If you would like to see how I achieved this look, keep on reading!

I started off my concealing my under eye circles with my Tarte Amazonian Clay corrector in Light-medium. I blended it out with my ring finger first and continued to blend with a wet egg shaped sponge.

I applied my L'oreal infallible pro glow in the shade 201 Classic Ivory (I believe this is a bit too light for me at the moment) using that same sponge. 

I set the concealer and foundation with my Besame violet brightening powder and two different powder brushes (a smaller one for the under eye and the large one for the face). I like this powder but I feel it has led to over-drying my under eyes.

I used my NYX eye brow pencil in dark brown to fill in my brows and applied essence clear gel to set them. 

I used the Too Faced Shadow Insurance to prime my lids and set that with the color Bone (similar to a matte vanilla shade).

Since I am going for a more colorful look, I wanted to play down the crease color. I used the shade Suede (a light creamy tan) and applied that to the crease. This color is very similar to Combust from the Urban Decay Naked Smoky palette.

I then used a flat shader brush and the shade Ignite (a light shimmery kind of seafoam green) and applied that to the inner half of the lid.

Using that same brush, I took the shade Watt (dark shimmery almost Christmas tree green) and applied that to the outer half of the lid. 

I took an angled brush and applied the shade Moss to the outer corner and blended it out with a clean crease brush. This shade is a matte dark green.

I took a small liner brush and applied the shade Moss to the outer 2/3 of the lower lash line and the color Ignite to the inner third.

I used a clean flat shader brush and the shade Bone and applied that as a brow bone highlight.

I used the Urban Decay Gwen face palette and the shade Lo-Fi to contour/bronze the skin.

From that same palette, I took the shade Easy which is a shimmery plum and applied it with a blush brush.

I used my Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Highlight in 01 and applied it with the expert face brush from Real techniques.

I used the Tarte Amazonian Clay gel pot in black and a bent liner brush from Makeup Geek and applied to the top lashes creating a wing.

I lined my lower water line with my sample of Marc Jacobs gel liner in black. If you want a more "awake" look, you can use a nude liner instead.

For lashes, I used my Benefit Lash primer (they're real) and my They're real mascara. *If you want a more dramatic effect, you can add falsies, I recommend Ardell Double Up for an extra glam effect.

For lips, I used the shade Snob from Mac. If you want a more nude lip, you can go for MAC Velvet Teddy, MAC Myth, or for a drugstore alternative: Essence Porcelain Doll.

I finished off my look by setting it with my Mario Badescu Rose Water spray.

I hope you enjoyed this look. If you were not able to get your hands on the Kat Von D Metal Matte palette, I am sure you can find similar shades in your current collection and achieve a similar look.

I hope you all have a Happy New Year with lots of blessings. 


Thanks for reading!

     ~Naty

No comments:

Post a Comment