Saturday, January 14, 2017

Barbie Inspired Look: Pink and Blues


Hello all! Welcome back to my blog! Today I decided to play with some makeup without really thinking ahead of what colors to use. I ended up picking random shades and it resulted in a look that makes me think of Barbies (the hot pink and the electric blues of the clothing). 


If you would like to know how I achieved it, keep on reading!


I started off with my Tarte Under Eye corrector in Light-Medium and blended that out with the thin part of a beauty blender.

For foundation, I used my L'oreal Pro Glow in the shade 201 Classic Ivory.

I set my under eye with my Laura Mercier translucent powder.

I set my face with my Besame violet brightening powder (I love the effect this gives but I feel it dries out my skin a bit too much!).

I filled in my brows with my NYX brow pencil in dark brown and applied the essence clear brow and lash gel.

Primed my lids with Too Faced Shadow Insurance and set it with the shade Bone from the Kat Von D Metal Matte palette.

I then took the shade Silk (a light matte purple) on a crease brush and applied that to the entire crease as a transition shade.

I then took Ribbon (the darker purple shade) and applied that to the outer corner of the crease blending in just half way.

Using a flat shader brush, I applied the shade Nebula to the outer 2/3 of the lid.

I picked up the shade Glitz (a shimmery peachy shade) and applied that to the inner third of the lid

I took the shades Velour and Ribbon and placed those in the bottom lash line


For bronzer/contour, I used Lo-Fi from the UD Gwen Stefani face palette.

For blush, I took the shade OC from the UD Gwen Stefani face palette. This shade is a peachy satin-y finish blush. Perfect to warm up the look a bit more.

For highlight, I used that same palette and went in with the shade Angel ( a shimmery champagne shade)

   
For liner, I used my Tarte Amazonian clay pot in black. 
For lashes, I used Benefit they're real tinted primer and mascara.

For lips, I used Too Faced Melted metal in Dream House (a bright vibrant Pink)

I set the look with my Mario Badescu rose water spray.

I hope you enjoyed this look, I was impressed with how much I liked it, I really did not think I would!

Thanks once again for taking the time to read. 

     ~Naty

No comments:

Post a Comment