Saturday, January 7, 2017

Kat Von D Metal Matte Palette: Yellow and Blue Look

Hello everyone! I hope you are having an enjoyable weekend. Today I decided to play a little more with my Kat Von D Metal Matte palette, particularly a little more with the more colorful shades such as Nebula and Feather. If you would like to know how I achieved this look, keep on reading!

I began by concealing my dark circles using Tarte Amazonian Clay under eye corrector in Light-Medium. I blended that out using an egg shaped sponge from Ulta.

For face, I used my L'oreal infallible pro-glow in 201 Classic Ivory. I blended that out using my sponge.

I set the concealer with a bit of Laura Mercier translucent setting powder. This is new to me, I saw that Dani from Coffeebreak with Dani swears by this powder to set the Tarte corrector. If you want to check Dani out her youtube channel is --> https://www.youtube.com/user/CoffeeBreakwithDani 

I set my face with my Besame Violet Brightening setting powder. I really like this powder but I feel it has over dried my under eyes leading to really dry creasy under eyes :(.

I filled in my brows with my NYX brow pencil in dark brown and set them with my essence clear brow gel.

I applied my Too Faced Shadow Insurance on my eye lids to prep for shadow.

I then applied the NYX jumbo pencil in electric blue to the lids and blended them up to the crease.

I took the shade Feather (a canary yellow) and a flat shader brush and applied that to the inner third of the lid.

I then used the color Nebula (a shimmery electric blue) and applied that to the rest of the lid. This color is very similar to Radium from Urban Decay or Kiss in Casablanca from NYX.

I took a big fluffy crease brush and the shade Fringe (matte peachy shade) and applied that to the crease to provide some warmth. Dupes for Fringe: Makeup Geek Beaches and cream

I then used an angled brush and applied the shade Stone to the outer V. I blended that out with a crease brush. Dupes for Stone: Smoke from Kat Von D (this is a bit darker or more opaque than Stone, but with a light hand, you should achieve a similar effect).

I took the shade Velour (a matte electric blue) and smudged it into the lower lash line. Dupe for Velour: MAC Zinc Blue (this is a bit deeper but would work).

I took the shade Bone (a matte cream shade) on a crease brush and applied that as a brow bone highlight. Dupe: Chance by Bare Minerals.

To contour, I used the shade Lo-Fi from the Urban Decay Gwen Stefani face palette.

For blush I used Cherry also from UD Gwen Stefani.

For highlight I used Angel from UD Gwen Stefani, this is a bit darker for my taste of highlight but it works nonetheless. 

I lined my top lash line and created a wing using my Tarte Amazonian clay pot in black. For brush I used my makeup geek bent liner brush.

For lashes I used my Benefit they're real! primer and mascara.

I lined my waterline with Marc Jacobs black gel liner.

For lips, I used MAC Snob and applied it straight from the bullet.

I set it all with my Mario Badescu rose water spray.

I hope you enjoyed this look! I certainly had fun playing with all these colors. As usual, thank you for taking the time to read.

    ~Naty


No comments:

Post a Comment