Saturday, January 16, 2016

Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Palette Look




Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog! Today I have a fun, going out look for you. I created this look using Urban Decay's Gwen Stefani palette. Don't pay attention to my crazy hair, it is doing it's own thing today :p. If you would like to know how I did it, keep on reading.


I started off by priming my lids using my Lorac mini Behind the Scenes primer and blended that out with my ring finger.


                                   

                                      

                                      
I then applied NYX jumbo pencil in electric blue to the outer 2/3 of the lid. It doesn't matter if it is a messy application as we will be putting powder shadows on top. I used my ring finger to blend that out.


                                 

                                          
I then went in with the color Danger and "packed" that shade on top of the NYX electric blue.


                                         

                                             
I then went in with the color 1987 which is a very pretty gold shade, and used the other side of that flat shader brush and appied that to the inner 1/3 of the lid.



                                


                                     
I then used the shades Anaheim and Zone in a small crease brush and applied that to the crease to create a little dimension and bring in some warmth to the look. I used windshield wiper motions to blend that shade in.

                              


                                 
I then applied my foundation, Lorac Natural Performance in the shade porcelain. This is such a smooth, liquid consistence that you can really apply it with your fingers. But if you do not like to get your hands dirty with foundation you can use a brush or a beauty blender (which will sheer it out a bit more). 

                             

                               

You can't see what the little tube says but this is NYX HD concealer in the shade 01, which is the lightest. I applied this to conceal my under eye circles and blended it out using my real techniques expert face brush. 


                            

                              

I then went in with my Mary Kay loose powder in ivory and a powder brush and set my concealer and foundation.

                         

                            
I then went in with my NYX eye brow pencil in dark brown and filled in my brows, focusing more on the arch and tail. I had never used a brow pencil before but I can say I am really enjoying it, it really does make a difference.

                           

                              
I then used my Tarte Amazonian clay eye brow gel in dark brown to fill in a tiny bit more, and to set my brows.

                          

                              

                             

                            


I took this tarte eye liner pencil and applied Danger to the lower lash line. And I used the UD double ended brush that came with my Smoky Palette (the pencil end) and blended out that color Danger on the lashline.

                           


                             
I then took the color Blonde on a crease brush and applied that as my highlight.

                             

                         
I then used my NYX felt tip liner in black and lined my top lash line and created a subtle wing.

                          

                           

                        
I curled my lashes and applied Too Faced Better than Sex mascara.

                    

                     
I used my Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil bronzer and a big powder brush and applied this all over my face to warm up my skin.

                    

                   

                       

I then used my Too Faced Chocolate soleil in medium deep and my Sephora contouring brush set to contour my cheeks, chin, and nose (just a little, not too dramatically). 

                   

                    

I used the shade Dream on from the Too Faced Everything Nice palette from 2014 holiday collection and a small blush brush and applied that between  my cheek and chin contour to clean the look up a bit. You can also use other shades in your collection, colors like Cream from the Lorac Pro or Vanilla from MAC, or Naked Truth #2 from Wet & Wild.

I then used Too Faced highlight Inner light from the Everything Nice palette and that same blush brush and applied that in a 'C' shape on my temples, a little down my nose, and a bit in the middle of my forehead.

                                   

                                      
I used the blush Sweet Pink from my Too Faced Everything nice palette and a real techniques blush brush and applied that above that contour.


                               

                                   

                                   

I then used a sample of Urban Decay's Gwen Stefani lipsticks in the shade Rocksteady and I applied that using a brush.

                             
I set my look by spraying some Make Up For Ever Mist & Fix all over my face.


I hope you guys enjoyed this look and once again thanks for reading! Hope you have a great weekend/week/day/night! :)

~Naty




No comments:

Post a Comment