Saturday, February 25, 2017

January and February 2017 Empties: Products I have used up

Hello all! I wanted to come on here and share my current empties. I am surprised that I have not used up a whole lot of products in these last couple of months, but alas, I figured it was time to share some of these.

Some of the products I have used up are staples in my beauty routine; a lot of these were also samples. If you would like to know what I used up, continue reading.


This first item is the Vitabath body wash. I absolutely love this body wash, it is paraben and pthalate free. They have several scents, all wonderful. They also lather a lot without having sulfates. I always repurchase this item. I usually get this at Ulta.

I also used up a sample of Tarte Lights camera lashes mascara. I used to loooove this mascara when it first came out but I was a bit bummed out with this sample. I used to think this mascara did wonders for my lashes, but not this time. Not sure if it was the sample size that was off, or if the formula has changed. Not sure that I will purchase the full size at the moment.

This is a sample size of the Tarte lippie paint in goals. I can tell you I was not a fan. The shade was a bit too nude for me. I could not really tell that it had any color to it. I guess if you like that type of color then it would be nice. This is the glossy version as well, so it did give the lips some shine. The good news is that this was not really sticky, like other formulas can be. I would purchase full size, but probably in a different color.

This is the Burts Bees lip balm in Honey. My husband hates this flavor for some reason, I did not think it was bad. I usually lose my lip balms before I can use them up, so this was a nice change for once! I usually apply lip balm in the mornings before my makeup, and right before bed. It is an essential step for me, especially during the winter!

This was a 500 point perk at Sephora. The brand is Algenist. I really wanted to love these products but I just did not think that they made much of a difference for my skin. The white bottle is the firming and lifting night serum. The dark green bottle is the day serum, and the small tub is moisturizer. I still have the small tub of under eye cream, but have not been impressed with that either! Even though I was not impressed with these products, I do like the brand. I am currently using a different night time moisturizing mask which has been a skin savor this winter.

This is the besame violet brightening powder. I wanted to love this with all my being. In fact, I LOVED the brightening effect it achieved, particularly under my eyes. BUT, this powder is sooooo mattifying, to the point that now my under eyes have deep creases and extreme dryness, like I wasn't dry enough before. I am really bummed out that this powder is so mattifying as I really truly wanted to adore this product. Alas, I would not recommend this for dry skin. Love the brightening effect, but it is too much! I think I will venture into the lipsticks and blushes, so as to not completely abandon the cute brand. :)

Finally, I have my go to makeup removing wipes. These wipes do leave a bit of a residue on the skin, but you can simply wipe that off with a towel. I absolutely love these wipes and will definitely continue to repurchase them.

Hope you enjoyed this empties post! Thanks so much for taking the time to read!

      ~Naty

No comments:

Post a Comment