Saturday, June 11, 2016

Whole Lott-a Empties!



Well hello there! Welcome to my blog. I have not done an empties post since about February so it is about time for another one. This round will contain products that I have used up in March, April, and May. Most of the things I have used up are common products that I keep repurchasing. So, without further ado, here we go!

Firstly, we have my go to face masks. The one on the left is a dead sea mud pack. It is marketed for combination/oily skin. It is hard drying and is to be used weekly. If you are looking for an inexpensive mask to clean out your pores, this is it! It will definitely leave your skin feeling deeply clean. I have normal to dry skin, and my skin gets drier in the winter, but I can get away with using this as long as I moisturize after. The other mask is a creamy coconut mask that is definitely aimed at individuals with dry skin. It smells coconut-y and it is not as drying as the mud mask. It leaves your skin feeling very soft. I love both of these masks. They are sold at Ulta and run between $1-$2 each.


This next item is Kat Von D's deluxe lipstick in Underage red. I am glad to have this out of my collection as I own way too many lipsticks. I am also glad as this was in my finish 16 in 2016 challenge (see my most current update here: http://delightfulbalanceoflife.blogspot.com/2016/04/projectpan-finish-16-in-2016-update-1.html) so yaaaay! 
This is a deluxe sample of the too faced Better than Sex mascara. I really do like this mascara but I do not believe it is a miracle mascara. This mascara runs for about $21 you can buy it at Ulta and I believe Sephora carries it too. For the price tag, I do not really think I will be investing in the full size.

This is a deluxe sample of the Lorac behind the scenes eye primer. This was a good primer, not too thick. Even though I liked it, I do not think I will be purchasing the full size as there are perfectly good primers in the drugstore brands.

This is the Too Faced Milk Chocolate Bronzer. Boy am I glad to have this in my empties! Even though this was a deluxe sample, I felt like it took FOREVER to finish! I did like this bronzer, but I felt it was very orange, which I do not like to go for. I do not think I will purchase the full size, I prefer the Chocolate Bronzer in deep instead.

This is the NYX eye brow pencil in dark brown. I really enjoyed this pencil. It is pretty easy to work with and the brush does spread the product a little better. I did in fact repurchase this.

This is the Lorac Natural Performance foundation in the shade NP 1. I really liked this foundation. It felt really light on the skin and had enough coverage for my skin. However, if I wanted to build the product up it just ended up looking cake-y on my skin. It definitely gives light to medium coverage, I would not recommend building it up more than that. I would definitely consider repurchasing this, but I would not be building it up. I really loved the packaging as it has a twisty pump top that allows you to travel with confidence that it won't spill all over. This runs for $36 and you can get it at Ulta.

This is a body lotion by Elizabeth Arden. I absolutely loved this! It has a fresh flowery but not overpowering scent and it is quick absorbing and leaves the skin hydrated. I am not sure how much it goes for as I got it for Christmas. I would definitely repurchase this. 



These are my favorite makeup removing wipes of all time. I have three different kinds, all from Neutrogena. The one in the light blue packaging is the original, nothing really special about this one. The one in the purple packaging has some lavender (I believe) and it is marketed as a "soothing" cleansing wipe and is wonderful for use at night before bed. The one in the green packaging is marketed as being natural and sans-harmful chemicals. I am not sure how I feel about the green one, I tried the first wipe and it seemed to be very dry and I had to rub at my skin to remove the makeup, which my skin did not appreciate. After that though, the rest of the wipes seemed to be doing ok, so maybe it was just the first wipe that was no good? Either way, I will always repurchase these. They run about $7 and you can get them pretty much anywhere.






This last product is the Korres Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial. I have to say, this is Holy Grail status! I absolutely looooooved this moisturizer/mask. It was a lifesaver during the winter months. All you do is apply it on a clean face before bed and when you wake up, wonderfully moisturized, smooth skin! As for the brightening part, I am not sure that I can say whether or not it worked. I do have some dark spots further to the side of my face and it looks like it is lighter but it has not completely gone away. But I do give it A+++++ for saving my skin this summer. I definitely will repurchase this, I am already on my second container. The downside though is that it is a bit expensive. It runs for $48 at Sephora. Additionally, I think it is important to note this smells like Roses, so if you do not like that smell, this is not for you and I suggest steering clear. Other than that, it is wonderful!

That is all for my empties until the end of June. Thanks so much for reading! I hope this was helpful/entertaining.

As usual, thanks so much for reading, have a wonderful rest of your weekend!

~Naty


No comments:

Post a Comment