Saturday, June 18, 2016

Natural Every Day Look using Urban Decay Naked Smoky palette


Hello everyone! Happy weekend! Today I opted for a natural eye look and an orangish-brown lip. If you would like to see how I achieved it, keep reading!

Since Urban Decay shadows can sometimes fall on my face, I decided to start off with my eyes. I first primed my eye lids using my NYX HD eye lid primer. I then applied the color DirtySweet which is a shimmery medium gold shade all over the lid and up to the crease. I used a flat shader brush to do this.

I then went in with the same shader brush and applied the shade Radar, which is a shimmery copper/brownish shade to the outer half of my lid and blending that up to the crease.

I used the shade Whiskey, which is a medium brown and a pencil brush to apply that to the outer V. I then used a fluffy brush to blend that into the crease. 

I used my Maybeliine Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser and applied that to my under eyes in a V shape. I blended that out using a wet beauty blender type sponge (I did patting motions so as to not rub the product away).

I went in with the shade Heaven (a matte eggshell colored shadow) from Too Faced Everything Nice and a small blush brush to set that under eye concealer. 

For foundation, I used my BareMinerals complexion Rescue in Opal and blended that out using my beauty blender type sponge.

I set my foundation with my Mary Kay Loose Powder in Ivory and a large fluffy powder brush.


I then filled in my eye brows using my NYX eye brow pencil in dark brown and set the brows using my essence lash and brow clear gel.

I applied the shade High (a shimmery rose gold shade) as a brow bone highlight and in the inner corner as a highlight. I used a small crease brush to do this.

I then used a Nyx felt tip eye liner pen in black and lined my upper lash line and created a wing.

I curled my lashes and used my essence BIG! Lashes mascara and applied that from the root to the tip of the lashes using zig zag motions.

I used my NYX wonder pencil in light to line my water line and brighten up the look.

I used my Too Faced Chocolate Soleil in Med Deep and my Sephora Contour brush set to contour my face. 

I used the shade Dream On from TF Everything Nice Palette and used that on a small blush brush to clean up the contour.

I used that same brush and the shade Inner Light from the TF Evertthing Nice palette and applied that to the cheekbones as a highlight.

I used a bigger blush brush and the shade Sweet Pink (blush) and applied that to my cheeks and blended it out.

For the lips, I opted for Kat Von D's Lolita II and applied a thin layer of this to the lips.

I set the whole thing using my Mario Badescu Rose Water spray.

That's it! A very simple look that is appropriate for any occassion. I hope you enjoyed the look. As always, thanks so much for reading!

~Naty

No comments:

Post a Comment