Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Eye Palette

Burgundy Smoky Eye

Hello everyone! This past weekend I created this burgundy/dark reddish brown smoky eye look using my Urban Decay Gwen Stefani palette and wanted to share the look. It is pretty simple to achieve and is appropriate enough for every day use (that is if you are like me and wear dramatic makeup for work). To know how I achieved it, keep on reading!

To start, I used UD Primer potion and set that with the shade danger, which is a light brown, dark vanilla shade. It is also matte.

I took a combination of Anaheim (cool midtone brown) and Zone (warmish midtone brown) and applied those to the crease blending back and forth.

For the lid shade, I used the color Punk, a burgundy brown matte shadow and applied that with a flat shader brush up until the crease shade.

I moisturized my face with my farsali rose gold elixir.

For under eyes, I used my NYX corrector in fair and my Too Faced Born this Way concealer in fair. I used a damp beauty blender to blend that.

For foundation I used Tarte Amazonian Clay full coverage in fair beige.

To set my under eyes, I used a dry beautyblender and my Laura Mercier secretly brightening powder.

I used Physicians Formula powder to set my foundation.

I then wiped off the excess powder from my under eyes.

I used NYX brow pencil and essence gel for my eyebrows.

For a brow bone highlight, I used the shade Blonde, a shimmery yellow toned cream color.

I smudged a little of punk to the lower lash line.

I used the shade Taupe from my Lorac Pro palette as a contour shade.

For blush, I used iSOCiETY COSMETICS in lady bug.

I used iSOCiETY COSMETICS on ice as a face highlight and applied directly with my ring finger patting to blend.

I set everything with my Mario Badescu Rose water spray.

For mascara, I used Lancome Monsieur Big. This is supposed to be a volumizing mascara. I actually am not convinced if I like it or not. I have not really noticed much of a difference (maybe you can tell by my facial expression hahaha).

For lips, I used my Nars Velvet lip glide sample in the shade Bound. 

That is it for the look! If you want to take this to a night look, you can always swap the lipstick for a more intense lipstick like a maroon red such as Tarte Killin it or Colourpop Tulle. You can also add some falsies for some extra "oomph".

I hope you all enjoyed this look! I really enjoy these types of looks particularly for fall/winter. 

As usual, thanks so much for reading!

      ~Naty

No comments:

Post a Comment