Sunday, August 6, 2017

Tutorial: Natural Eyes and Fun Lip Color


Hello everyone! I hope you are all having a wonderful day! I decided to get a little crazy today with my makeup. I did a natural eye look and used the Limited Edition Tarte lip paint in fairytale. This is a minty blue color, something I never gravitate towards, but I felt adventurous when I purchased it. I have worn this color a total of three times. I just don't have the confidence yet to pull it off more often. Nonetheless, if you want to know what I used/how I achieved this simple look, keep on reading!

As usual, I started with an eye primer. Currently, I am using my Urban Decay eyeshadow primer potion. I apply that with my ring finger and blend it out.

I set that with my Physician's formula setting powder.

I then went in with the iSOCiETY Shimmer cream shadow in oh baby. I applied that with my fingers as well.

I topped that off with the shade Pop from my Urban Decay Gwen Stefani palette. This is a peachy shimmer shade.

I then applied the shade Zone throughout the crease to define it.


I then took my catrice corrector in the peachy shade and corrected my under eyes. I blended that with the smaller side of my beautyblender.


On top of the corrector, I applied the Too Faced Born this Way Concealer in the shade fair. I also blended that out with the beautyblender.


For foundation, I used my It Cosmetics CC + Cream in light. I blended that using my beautyblender. *Please excuse my sleepy looking face*


I set my under eyes using my Laura Mercier Secretly brightening powder and a dry beautyblender.


I set my face using my Physicians Formula powder.


For brows I used a combination of Nyx pencil in dark brown and essence gel in make me brow in 02 brownie brows.


For browbone highlight, I used skimp from the UD Gwen palette.


For bronzer, I used Lo-Fi from UD Gwen face palette.



For highlight, I used Angel.


For blush, I used the Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in peaceful (this was LE I believe, from about 2 years ago?), it's kind of a peachy pink shade with some shimmer thrown in.


I set the face with Mario Badescu Rose water spray.


For lashes, I used L'oreal Voluminous Feline, the waterproof version. 


I finished off the look by applying the Tarte lip paint in Fairytale. I feel this lip paint is not as opaque as I would like, and when I apply a second coat it tends to rub off the color below it. Application tip: Apply one coat and let dry. Then *tap* more product where needed until achieving the full opacity you want.

That is the look! I hope you guys enjoyed it. I definitely like for this type of lipstick shade to be the only emphasis of the look. If you want, you can add some liner to the waterlines to define the eyes a little more. 

Hope you enjoyed this look! Have you tried a crazy lip color like this? What are your thoughts?

    ~Naty

No comments:

Post a Comment