Tuesday, February 10, 2015


Makeup with Glasses

                I’ve heard many girls that wear glasses that say that they don’t wear makeup because no one can see the makeup because of their glasses. I wear contacts most of the time, but on occasion, I wear my glasses. As a glasses/contact wearer I can tell you that when I wear my glasses, lipstick and eyeliner are my best friends.

                Here are a couple of tips for wearing makeup with glasses:

1.       Keep the color that you place on your lid a light color; yes you can wear darker shades, but using a lighter shade contrasts with the darkness or dark shadows cast by glasses.

2.       Apply a darker shade to the crease; this plays with the dark and light and creates dimension.

3.       Apply eye liner to the top lash line only. Applying to the bottom can cause dark shadows such as dark circles under the eyes to appear even darker, making you look tired.

4.       DON’T forget the rest of your face! Just because glasses frame your face and are a strong feature on your face does not mean that you cannot play up your other features. Feel free to add some lipstick, some bronzer, blush, and even highlight.

5.       Have fun with your makeup looks!

Hope some of those tips help! Here is a look I created. Hope you enjoy it!
 
 
Steps:
         Prep your eye lids for the shadow. I used my Too Faced Shadow Insurance.
 
           Apply a cream colored base to the entire lid using a flat shader brush. I used a matte cream color from my Sephora Enchanting Eye palette.

      
 
 
   I then applied a medium warm shimmery brown shade to most of the crease using a crease brush.
 


 
 
I then applied a darker cooler brown to the outer crease using a fluffier crease brush to deepen up the look.
 



   I then picked up a creamy peachy shimmery shade and applied that all over the lid using a flat shader brush.

  
   I then applied my foundation using a Real Techniques expert face brush.


   I used Benefit Speed Brow to brush my eye brows.


   I then applied eye liner to the top lash line. I used my Kat Von D Tattoo liner in trooper. I started off at the inner part and did small strokes as close to the lash line as possible. I recommend an eye liner like this, with a felt tip pen if you are not used to using liquid liner, or if you wear glasses and can't see very well when applying your makeup. This felt tip eye liner helps you get as close to the lash lines as possible and allows you to make the line as thin or thick as you want. You want to start off thin and thicken it out as you see fit.

 
 
   This step is optional. I used my Neutrogena Healthy skin brightening eye perfector to cover up my under eye circles. I blended it out using my ring finger.


   Curl your lashes and then apply mascara. I only applied mascara to the top lashes and only applied one coat. However, if you want a more dramatic effect, feel free to apply more coats. I skipped mascara on the bottom lashes so that I wouldn't make my dark circles even more noticeable.

 
 
   I then  applied a white shimmery shade to my brow bone as a highlight.
 

 
   I then popped my glasses back on and used a little bit of my Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil as a contour and on my forehead to warm up my face a bit.


   I then used my blush in Papa Don't Peach from my Too Faced Everything Nice palette.

 
 
   I then used Inner Light from Too Faced Everything Nice palette and applied it as a highlight.
 



   I then applied MAC's Media to my lips.


   Finally, I took my glasses back off and sprayed some Make Up Forever Mist & Fix to set my makeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment