Tuesday, February 3, 2015



January Empties
 
 

The month of January has come and gone. Seems to me like it went by really quickly! So, we have the first round of empties (products I’ve used up)! Since I stocked up on beauty products at the end of last year, I do not have a whole lot of empties this month, but I do have some. So here it goes!

I got through one sample perfume and one full sized perfume! To me, that is pretty exciting as I had in my goals wanting to downsize perfumes to 2! Granted, I knew this was going to be an easy goal, but what better way to get motivated right? Anyway, the sample size perfume that I finished is Chloe, the Eau de Parfum, and I must say, I absolutely loved this scent! If it weren’t so expensive ($105 for 1.7 oz yikes!) I would definitely be investing in it.

 


The other perfume I finished off is one that I have been working on for what it seems like years! I cannot remember when I got this perfume, but I liked it so much that I tried not to use it a whole lot for fear of using it up. I’m not even sure if that perfume is even available anymore, so that’s something I will have to look into. This perfume is called Wink by Lilly Pulitzer. It retails for about $50. Having it so long in my collection, it is a pretty good feeling to know that money was used up and did not go to waste!

 





The next product I used up is a sample of Wella’s Luxeoil Reconstructive elixir. This product is supposed to soften hair without weighing it down as well as providing optimal nourishment and smoothing effect. To be totally honest, my hair did feel soft, and I did notice some extra shine when I wore it but it didn’t do anything to “reconstruct” or repair any damage in my hair what-so-ever. I felt that my hair looked a bit better when I had the oil on but this was only the case on days when I had applied the oil. For the price, $48, I do not believe that it is a must have and therefore, will not be purchasing it.

 


On to face products… This past month I saw that Neutrogena had a newer set of the makeup remover wipes. I absolutely love the previous wipes that I have used from Neutrogena. These got me as they were called “Deep Clean” as well as the claim that they “leave no greasy residue”. I have tried the wipes that come in the light blue package and I have to dab my face with a towel as they leave my face greasier than I like. Now, I have been struggling with my skin as I have sensitive skin that gets really dry in the winter. I had worked really hard at getting my skin to a healthier level. After using these wipes one time, my skin burned. Not a pleasant feeling! I had to immediately put some moisturizer on to counteract this. After a few days of using these wipes, all that work that I had put in to hydrating my face went away. These wipes made my skin even dryer, I had dry patches not just on my t-zone where I regularly get dryness, but everywhere. I even felt my eye lids were dry! After this ordeal, I read the ingredients and it turns out that these have alcohol in them, hence the drying effect. The wipes do a good job at removing the makeup, but unfortunately I would say that if your skin is sensitive, or dry, I would suggest you stay clear of these wipes and opt for the Night Calming (purple packaging) or the Hydrating (teal packaging) ones instead. I would recommend these maybe for people that have oily skin.

 


Finally, the last product that I used up this week was a Creamy Coconut facemask. I got this specific mask as it said that it provided a “hydrating vitality boost for tired skin”. I figured this would be a good investment during that time when I was using the deep clean wipes, to try and get my skin back to the healthy level before those wipes. I can say that I really did enjoy using this mask, and I do see myself purchasing these again. The smell was really nice, a little coconut-y and your typical Montagne Jennesse facemask smell. I also believe that they did help with my dry patches as my face looked a bit more hydrated after I used this. I was able to get two uses out of 1 package.





Those are all the empties for the month of January. Hope you enjoyed reading!

 

~Naty

 

No comments:

Post a Comment