Saturday, December 12, 2015

Sephora Flatter Yourself Contour Brush Set: First Impressions


Hello everyone! I hope you are all doing well. I am finally back; I have been struggling with keeping myself in check with posting, I hope to get myself back on schedule here soon. I know I missed this week's biweekly basket but I will be starting that back up again too. I wanted to share with you a first impressions post regarding the Sephora Flatter Yourself Contour Brush Set. I got this for the holidays (my husband is Jewish so we open those presents before). This kit is obviously a Sephora Exclusive; I am not sure if it is Limited Edition or not. It is $48. The kit comes in a little glittery gold pouch and it comes with three face brushes, some stencils, and a little instruction card that is supposed to make contouring easy. 

When you open the kit, this is what you see:

On the right hand side you will see three brushes, a stippling brush, a buffing brush, and an angled brush. The stippling brush is aimed at applying bronzer to the cheek bones, the buffing brush is aimed at applying bronzer to the jawline, and the angled brush is aimed at making the application of bronzer to the nose easier. 

On the left hand side, you will see some little plastic papers; these are stencils, and they are each labeled for the area that they are to be used. For example, there is one for the cheekbones, one for the jawline, and one for the nose. They are all different sizes. The point of the stencils is to help you set the bronzer where you want it, by using the stencil as a guide. 
Behind the stensils you can see a handy card with pictures; this card is double sized and it shows you step by step how to use each of the brushes and the stencils. 
Stippling Brush

Buffing Brush

Angled Brush

I must admit, I am in no means an expert at doing makeup, let alone contouring! I did attempt to use this set today to do my makeup, and it is pretty easy to follow. I got the cheekbones done perfectly, and I really liked how it turned out. However, I am not very proficient at all at contouring my nose and jawline, as I do not really do that at all, but I must say, having the stencils to guide you is great!

As for the brushes, I really really enjoyed them. They are dense but oh so soft! I definitely think that with this kit, I will feel more comfortable contouring. For the money, I believe this is a great product, especially for those individuals that are just starting to get into makeup, or even those individuals (like myself) who have been doing their makeup for a long time, but are just getting into contouring. Additionally, I believe you can use these brushes with liquid products, you could even use the stippling brush for liquid highlight or foundation. 

I definitely look forward to using these brushes and experimenting with this set a little bit more.

If you are interested in this product, you can find it here: http://www.sephora.com/flatter-yourself-contouring-brush-set-P384889 

Hope you guys enjoyed this post and once again, thanks so much for reading! Have a great weekend!

~Naty

No comments:

Post a Comment