Sunday, February 4, 2018

Brand Spotlight: RealHer

Brand Spotlight: RealHer

Hi everyone! Today I am here with a look I created using my RealHer Shadow palette II. I got this from FabFitFun in their editor's box. You can read that unboxing here: https://delightfulbalanceoflife.blogspot.com/2018/01/fabfitfunbox-editors-box-2018.html

I played around with that palette and created the following look:


If you want to know how I achieved it, keep on reading!

 
As usual, I started off priming my eyelids. I used the Urban Decay primer potion. I set that using the shade Driven, which is a matte vanilla shade.

I then took the shade which is a matte warm medium brown and applied that to the crease.

I took the shade Terrific which is a dark warm brown with gold flecks in it. I applied this to the outer 2/3 of the lid.

I used the shade Bodacious which is a coppery shimmery brown and applied that to the inner 1/3 of the eye lid.

For concealers, I used a combination of the Benefit Boi-ing hydrating concealer and my go to Nars Radiant Creamy concealer in vanilla. I used a damp beauty blender to blend that out.

I used a combination of Tarte Amazonian Clay full coverage foundation in fair beige and my Wet N Wild foundation in Shell Ivory. I blended that out with my makeup drop that I got from FabFitFun (jury is still out on this applicator).

To set the under eyes, I used my Laura Mercier translucent setting powder.

To set my face, I used Physician's Formula pressed powder and a big fluffy brush.

I wiped off the excess powder with a clean brush.

To fill in and set my brows, I used my Lorac Pro palette and the shade espresso. I set with my essence make me brow in brownie brow.

For an inner and brow bone highlight, I used the shade Light Pink from my Lorac Pro palette.

For contour, I used the shade Taupe from Lorac Pro palette.

For blush, I used Tarte Amazonian clay in the shade Peaceful (this was LE but a peachy pink with a tad of shimmer would work, you could also use Nars Luster or Orgasm).

For a face highlight, I used the iSOCiETY COSMETICS eye shimmer in oh baby and dabbed that with my ring finger.

For mascara, I used my Lashcraft mascara from Sephora. I am pleasantly surprised by this mascara. It is not incredible by any means, but it is pretty decent. 

For lips, I used my Sola Look liquid lipstick from the Dirty Dancing collection in Baby. 

I forgot to take a picture of this but I set my makeup using my go-to Mario Badescu rose water spray.

I hope you liked this look. It turned out to be a nice smoky brown. 

Thoughts on palette: I really enjoyed this palette. The shades are smooth, highly highly pigmented, and are easy to blend. This particular palette is perfect for every day and would suit several skin tones. 

About the brand: RealHer is a brand that markets itself as natural, vegan, and cruelty free. They are all about empowering so 20% of their proceeds are donated to organizations that empower women. All of their products have empowering messages on them. For example, this palette says "do your squats". The first edition says "Be your own kind of beauty", and the third edition says "Feel beautiful". Also, the names of the shadows match that message. For example, in this palette, some of the shadows are limitless, invincible, etc. They seem to be a very positive message driven brand and I really do appreciate that. If you want to check them out, here is their site: https://www.realher.com/

Here is a more in-depth look of the palette:


 

Swatches:

Top row from top to bottom: Driven (can't really see it but it is the vanilla shade), Limitless which is a sort of rose gold shade, and Invincible which is a medium chocolate shade.

Middle row from top to bottom: Bodacious (the coppery shimmery shade), Dazzling (a shimmery brown), and Indomitable (a shimmery reddish brown).

This is the final row from top to bottom: Awesome (a lighter reddish brown shade kind of a satin finish), terrific (that brown shade with the gold flecks), and unshakeable (a cool dark brown).

I hope you enjoyed this look. I was really happy with the quality of this palette. I look forward to trying out some more products from this brand.

Have you tried anything from RealHer? Sound off in the comments below!

As usual, thank you so much for reading!

     ~Naty


No comments:

Post a Comment