Sunday, September 25, 2016

Fall Inspired Makeup Look

Hello everyone! I am finally back, and man does it feel good to use my makeup again! I decided to go for a brick red lip and a fall inspired eye look with a winged liner today. This is the look I created:

The eye shadow is very soft and subtle and goes perfectly with a red lip and the liner. If you would like to see how I came up with this look, keep on reading!

I started off by concealing my under eye circles using my Tarte CC undereye corrector. I am not sure how I feel about this product; it is thick and creamy, but hard to blend out using just your fingers... I may need to try using the beauty blender or a small brush. I also do not see that it actually covers that much, so we will see how it works out.

For foundation, I used my It cosmetics CC cream in fair (this one is still pretty light for me right now, so I look like a ghost!). I blended this out using my Ulta sponge. 

I set everything using my new Besame translucent brightening violet powder. This was really difficult to do as my powder brush is currently wet so I had to use the little sponge that comes with it...not a fan! The powder is interesting though, not sure if I really achieved any brightening effect, so we will see!

For eye brows I used my Nyx brow pencil in dark brown.

I set my brows using my essence lash and brow clear gel.

I primed my eye lids using my Too Faced 24 hour Shadow Insurance.

I used the color cream from my Lorac Pro palette and a flat shader brush and applied this all over the lids to set the primer.

I then went in with the shade Light Bronze and the same flat shader brush and applied that to the inner half of the lid.

Using the other side of that same brush, I picked up the color Garnet and applied that to the outer half of the lid and a bit into the crease.

I used the shades Taupe and Sable on a crease brush and blended that into the crease.

I then took the shade Nude and a flat shader brush and applied that as a brow bone highlight.

For my liner, I used my new Tarte clay pot in black and a Makeup Geek bent eyeliner brush. I love this brush, it is bent at the end so it helps you get really close to the lash line and makes application of the liner super easy.

I then picked up the shade Black on a different eye liner brush and set my gel liner.

For lashes, I used a sample of the Tarte camera lashes mascara and applied it to the top lashes.

For bronzer, I took the color Lo-Fi from my Urban Decay Gwen Stefani face palette and the real techniques expert face brush. If you use this brush, make sure you pick up minimal product and use a light hand to apply as the bristles in this brush are a little denser and tougher, so you definitely have to work a bit more to blend the product out.

For blush, I used my Tarte amazonian clay brush in peaceful and applied it using the real techniques blush brush.

For highlight, I used my laura mercier matte radiance highlight on a small blush brush.

For lips, I used Kat Von D everlasting liquid lipstick in the shade Project Chimps (limited edition).

Finally, I set the whole look using my Mario Badescu rosewater spray.

That's it! I hope you guys enjoyed this look. Thanks so much for reading!

 ~Naty

No comments:

Post a Comment