Saturday, September 17, 2016

Recent Beauty Purchases

Hello everyone! Welcome back to my blog. I wanted to share with you some things that I have currently purchased. In case you are new to my blog, or have not been here in a while, a few weeks (?) ago I posted about this severe allergy that I got on my eyes that has prevented me from wearing makeup for the past month. As a result of that allergy, not only was I unable to wear makeup but I had to throw away a bunch of products as well. I made a post about that and you can check that out here ->

Since then, my eyes have mostly recovered, but I am still staying away from makeup for about another week. Since I did have to throw away a bunch of products, I went ahead and replaced some of the essentials. Here are the products that I have added:

This baby is a new product to me.... It is the Besame Brightening Violet Face Powder. I have been wanting to try this powder for quite some time now but never had the guts to go ahead and purchase it. I went ahead and bit the bullet and got it anyway. The violet coloring to this powder is supposed to brighten your face. The packaging is also very very adorable! I got this at Sephora and the price is $22.

This next item was not necessarily a item that replaces another one in my collection, it is more of an addition. I saw this liquid lipstick from Kat Von D called Project Chimps. It is described as a warm brick red. This is limited edition and 20% of the proceeds go to Project Chimp, a non-profit that works to stop the use of chimps in biomedical research. The price for this is $20 and it is available at Sephora.

  

This I got using some of my points. It is deluxe sample size of the Bite Amuse Bouche Lipstick in the shade Gazpacho. This lipstick goes on creamy and it is a berry red shade that will be perfect for fall.



This other lipstick is also a deluxe sample that I got using my points. It is Rouge Dior 999 Matte. This is a medium red with pinkish and berry tones mixed in. Although it is marketed as a "matte" lipstick, I feel it glides on very creamy and easily. I do not see this clinging to any dry patches on the skin. 


These three are the sample options that I chose. The first is Viva La Juicy Rose. The smell of this perfume is floral and citrus-y, perfect for spring (too bad I got it during the late summer/fall time :(). It definitely has a fresh smell to it, so I am looking forward to using that. The next sample is Josie Maran moisturizer. I am pretty excited to get this as I have been itching to try products in that brand. FInally, the last sample that I got from Sephora is an L'Occitane perfecting cream. Full size of this retails for $42. It is a multitasking moisturizer to help skin feel hydrated, smooth and soft. It also claims to reduce pores, fine lines, and imperfections. So we will see how that goes.

I also purchased the following from Ulta:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance... I have used this product before and I know that I really like this. This item retails for $20

I also repurchased the Say Yes to Cucumbers face wash. I absolutely love this wash. It has a very soft sent, it is creamy, and deep cleans. It is perfect for sensitive skin! It retails for $8.99.

I also purchased a gel liner from Tarte, Clay Pot in black. I was actually surprised by how small the jar is...the big box definitely fools you! You get 2.5 grams of product. The price is $21, so definitely save up your Ulta points! It is a bit pricey for a liner.

Lastly, I purchased the Tarte colored clay CC undereye corrector in the shade light-medium. This is a peachy sticky undereye corrector to disguise your dark circles. The consistency is creamy and glides easily. I also thought this would be a bit larger but the packaging seems pretty small. You get 2.30 grams of product for the price of $24, although I did purchase it for Ulta's 21 days of beauty at a price of $15! Definitely looking forward to using this product. 

With the ulta purchase of Tarte products, I was able to get a free gift with purchase. I got the following:
This is a deluxe size sample of the Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara. I can definitely say that I loooove this mascara. Before Tarte was the strong brand that it is, I had purchased this mascara from them (this was about 2009-2010) and fell in love. If it was not for the high price tag, and the fact that you should replace your mascara every 3 months, I would definitely purchase this mascara over and over again. The other product that came in this product is the deluxe sample of Tarte glossy lip paint in the shade Goals. Ever since Tarte came out with the lip paints, I have been wanting to try them but the price tag definitely deterred me from trying them out. So I am pretty excited to try these!

That is everything that I have purchased. I will definitely be saving some money for the next couple months as I did make a big hole in my wallet recently. I am looking forward to getting back into makeup and enjoying beauty once again.

Thanks so much for reading! I look forward to posting some more in the coming weeks and months.

~Naty

No comments:

Post a Comment