Saturday, September 17, 2016

Current Palette Collection

Hello everyone! I am here for a quick post about my current palette collection (both eye and face). Due to my recent *forced* declutter, I had to get rid of *throw away* a bunch of my palettes. I wanted to show you all what palettes I still currently have and talk a little bit about how I go about making sure I use all my palettes. (Granted, I have not been using any makeup recently due to my little eye allergy incident check out that post here ---> http://delightfulbalanceoflife.blogspot.com/2016/08/eyeallergy-makeup-declutter-time-hello.html 

In order to make sure that all my eye palettes get some loving, I make a list of every single palette that I have. I then just use them in order, starting from the top of the list. If you do not want to go in order, there are ways you can randomly select the palettes; One way to randomly select the palettes could be to go to the website random.org and list your palettes in the little box provided and click the "randomize" button, this will then output the palettes in a random order. You can do this every time, or after every rotation, or whichever way works best for you. 

Now, on to the fun part...the palettes! The following are the palettes that I currently own:
This is the Urban Decay Gwen Stefani eye shadow palette. I got this palette for my birthday last year. It was limited edition, so I do not believe you can get this anymore, unless you were to search for it in Ebay perhaps. I loooove this palette. I think it is a perfect combination of neutral shades along with some pops of color. I love that it has several transition shades as well as several deeper shades to deepen up your look.

This other palette I did not think I was going to get. It is the Gwen Stefani face palette. It is the only face palette that I own...and it is sad to say that I have not worn this at all since I purchased it. At the time, I was focusing on using up my face products in my Too Faced Everything Nice palette but since the TF Everything Nice has since exited my collection, I see myself reaching for this more. I have to admit, when I saw this palette online I did not think it was that amazing, but I saw it go on sale at Ulta and decided to bite the bullet. After having seen the colors in person, I am definitely glad to have made the purchase! Again, this was limited edition so sadly, it is no longer available.

This other palette, I am sure most of you know and have seen it before; it is the Lorac Pro (first one). I absolutely love this palette. It is a great assortment of neutrals. The top row is matte and the bottom is shimmer. You have a great selection of lighter colors, transition colors, and deeper/darker colors. 

This next one is a new addition to the Delightful Balance family. It is the Ulta + Jenny Fox Miss Fabulous palette. I got this palette because I honestly have nothing like it in my collection. These colors are rich, and warm and nothing like what I currently have. Although I have not used this palette yet (thanks eye allergy! haha!) I am most looking forward to using the colors Arizona, Frankie, and Guru which are all rich orange/sunset colors. I think this palette is perfect to reflect those beautiful summer sunsets but it is also perfect for the fall time. I believe this palette is still available at Ulta and retails for $20.

This next palette I also got last year. It is the Urban Decay Naked Smoky palette. I also love this palette. I like that unlike other UD Naked Palettes, this one has a great selection of matte and shimmer shades. The only downside I see in this palette is that there are not enough transition shades so I find myself pulling from some of my other palettes, which is not necessarily a bad thing!

Finally, this palette I must admit is my least favorite palette (Sorry It Cosmetics!). Although I really love the formulation of these eye shadows and absolutely love It Cosmetics, I find that the lighter shades in this palette are all very similar to each other, so I seem to find myself ending up with the same eye look, which is not entirely bad, I just wish the shades were not as similar. 

That is all that I currently own. I still feel it is a lot of palettes, but not as many as I would have if I let myself buy every single palette that I liked. Hahaha. 

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed browsing through my palette drawer. Let me know if you like these types of posts as I can definitely take you through a tour of my lipsticks, which is the other beauty category that I am absolutely obsessed with!

~Naty

No comments:

Post a Comment