Sunday, April 24, 2016

Mini Makeup Haul


Hello everyone! I hope you are all having a good weekend! For the last couple weeks, I have bought a few makeup related items and I wanted to share some of my purchases with you. So here we go!

If you heard, Sephora had a VIB sale this month; although I am not a VIB or a VIB Rouge, I am a member of the beauty insider program and as such got 10% off my purchases. I was not going to get anything...*says every makeup addict ever*...but when I saw this palette on sale for $30 I had to bite the bullet. The 10% off was added to the already low price so I had to purchase it... I am talking about the Urban Decay Gwen Stefani blush palette. 


I love the packaging of this palette. The pans are not terribly big but you do get four blushes, a bronzer, and a highlight so it is worth it. Unfortunately, I do not believe this palette is available anymore. However, if you are interested in the eye palette, you can still snatch that up, I saw it at my local Ulta and I believe it is still available at the Sephora website. 


The other item I got, I had been thinking about getting but had not pulled the trigger on. I am talking about the Kat Von D Lolita II liquid lipstick. At first I thought this color might be too orange for me to be able to pull off, but I really like it, I am really glad that I got it. I also got a 10% off this item.

The other items that I got were from Ulta, and they were items that I was either out of or running low. The things I got there are:

My go to makeup removing wipes. These were about $8.

I also got another tube of the essence clear brow gel, and this was $2.99.

I got another felt tip liner, this time also from essence...wow, must be on an essence kick! This was $2.99. I must say, I am pretty impressed with the essence brand, and the prices are very very affordable!

I also got a new eye primer. This one is from Nyx. Now, do not get me wrong, I absolutely love spending my money on higher end products, but this time I decided to save some money and try some other brands from the drugstore for a change. I have tried other products from Nyx and have enjoyed them so I have high expectations for this product. This was $6.99.

Finally, I needed a new mascara. I love higher end mascaras, and had wanted to try the new Tarte mascara but since you are supposed to replace your mascara every 3 months, I have a hard time justifying spending $20+ on a mascara. This one is from essence and costs $3.99.

That is all! I had to use great self restraint not to get some other items. Although, I did not stop myself from browsing! I did see the Bare Minerals the nature of nudes palette, and thought it was nice, some of the colors kind of reminded me of the Lorac Pro palette. I also saw the new Buxom custom palettes which seemed really nice as well.Finally, I also saw some new palettes from Nyx that run for about $18 and have about 16 shadows to them, which is a good bang for your buck and would be good if you are looking for a decent sized palette for a good price. 

That's all that I got. Thanks so much for reading! 

~Naty

No comments:

Post a Comment