Sunday, March 13, 2016



January and February 2016 Empties


Hello everyone! I am back with a two month's worth of empties! These are the products that I have currently used up this year. Some of them I have really enjoyed while others, not so much. So, without further ado, here we go!


Ah! My favorite! Makeup removing wipes! The blue package is the one I keep going back to time and time again. The green package is a new release, it claims to be the "natural" version of the wipes. It claims to not have harsh chemicals, sulfates, parabens, petrolatum, dyes, and phthalates. I really really wanted to love the green packaged wipes, but they felt a little dryer than the usual ones and since my skin is usually dry, I feel like it caused friction when I tried to rub my makeup off. I think these would be great for people that maybe have normal to oily skin as the wipes would slide a little easier on the skin. (about $7 each)

The next item I used up is the body spray Amber Blush from Bath & Body Works...I have been working on using this up since last spring, so I am glad to see this gone! I did enjoy the smell, but like all body sprays, I felt the smell evaporated after a while. (about $15)

This is a makeup setting spray from Make Up For Ever. It is very good quality and it makes your makeup last all day. However, the price is a little higher than I would like, $30 a bottle. Although the price is pretty high, the bottle did last me a whole year (crazy!). I really enjoyed how it set my makeup but the one thing I did not like besides the price is the fact that when it sprays, I can feel it splatter all over my face vs just a mist. I have not repurchased this as I found the Mario Badescu Rose water spray at Ulta for $7 a bottle, and that one makes my makeup last just as long. ($30)

This moisturizer is wonderful. It is perfect for dry to really dry skin and sensitive skin. The consistency is a little thicker so you want to use a tiny amount. It also does in fact smell like cucumbers, so if that is not something you want, you might want to steer clear of this. I also enjoy that it comes with a pump, making dispensing the right amount easy every time. I have already repurchased this. ($15)

These are mud masks that I get at Ulta. They are really nice and leave your pores really clean. I absolutely love them. (about $2 each)

This is another mask that I really enjoy, it smells really good and it leaves your pores clean and your face feeling clean. (About $2)

This mask however, I did not enjoy. I got it in my stocking stuffer over the holidays. It did clean my pores nicely but I just could not get past the smell. I am not sure how to describe the smell, I just know I did not like it. I do not believe I will be repurchasing, at least not this specific one. (about $3 each)

This is my Tarte Amazonian Clay tinted eye brow gel. I really enjoyed this gel. Although it was pricey, it did last me a whole year. I have not repurchased this as I am now using an eyebrow pencil, but if you have thickish brows or brows that are dark enough on their own, I would definitely recommend this product to tint up the patches and set the eyebrows for a natural and quick brow. ($24)

This is the NYX HD concealer. I got this in the lightest shade. I had bought this for my under eye circles. I was not really loving this. I don't know if that is because I have really dark under eye circles and my expectations were high, but it just did not give me as much coverage/correction as I had wanted. (about $5)

This is a trio of sleeping facial masks (they really are more like thick overnight moisturizers) from Korres. I really enjoyed all of them. The kit came with the Black Pine (antiwrinkle, firming, and lifting), the Wild Rose (advanced brightening), and the Greek Yogurt (advanced nourishing). I really enjoyed all three, but I am not sure that the Black Pine really did much of anything for my skin. I did purchase a full size of the Wild Rose, and I do enjoy using that every night before bed. ($48)

This is a body lotion by Origins. I really enjoyed this. I thought it was very mositurizing and I absolutely loved the smell (smelled like ginger hence the name, Ginger Cloud). I have not repurchased this, nor do I know if they even still sell this specific one, but if I do find this out there I will be picking it up. ($25)

Finally, I finished up another container of the First Aid Beauty facial radiance polish. I really do enjoy this specially in the winter for my dry patches around my t-zone. I did not repurchase this yet, as I purchased a different scrub by Korres, but if I had to, I would definitely repurchase this. ($24)

That is all! Everything that I have used up in the year 2016. This year, I want to do a little something different with my empties, by adding the $ amount at the end of each post, just so I can see how much of my money that I have invested I have actually used up. For the first couple of months this year, the total dollars used is $212. Wow, if I could only do that with some other products in my stash such as blushes, bronzers, palettes, etc I could actually get good use and make my money worth it! 

Hope you enjoyed this new empties. Thanks for reading! 

~Naty

No comments:

Post a Comment