Sunday, August 12, 2018

Brand Spotlight: Younique


Brand Spotlight: Younique Look


Hi everyone! I am here with a quick look that I created using some of my Younique products. I hope you enjoy it!






I started off with my face primer from Smashbox. I don't get oily so I focus this on my nose, forehead, and a bit around my mouth, where I am most likely to rub off my makeup. 


For concealer, I used a bit of the benefit airbrush concealer and topped it with the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea concealer in fair light.


For foundation, I mixed a bit of the Colourpop foundation in shade 30 and a bit of the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea in fair light neutral. 


I then went with the Tarte contour/highlight palette and used the cream shading color and contoured my face. I applied this with a flat ended brush and blended it out with the wider side of a beautyblender.


I set everything with my Laura Mercier translucent setting powder.


I then went in with the powder contour of the Tarte palette and applied that to the hollows of my cheeks.


I used the Younique bronzer in the shade Malibu and applied that above the contour and blended it up towards my temple. I also blended this towards the apples of the cheeks to give my cheeks some color. 


I used the cream to highlight illuminator in the shade Benevolent. I applied this by using my ring finger and dabbing it on the cheekbones.


For the eyes, I applied my NYX eye shadow base and set that with the shade White from the Lorac Pro palette.


I took my Younique quad and applied the shade Witty which is a nice warm burnt orange, and applied that to the crease.


I applied the shade Gentle which is a shimmery champagne color, and applied that to the inner third of the lid.


I used the shimmery green shade, Alive and applied it to the remainder of the lid.


I filled my brows using the shade Espresso from the Lorac Pro palette.


I set the brows with my essence brow gel.


I took the shade Discreet, a matte vanilla shade from the Younique quad and applied it as a brow bone highlight.


I used my Tarte Sex Kitten liner and created a wing.


For mascara, I used my Maybelline Total Temptation mascara and applied two coats to the top lashes.


For lips, I used my iSOCiETY COSMETICS lipstick in Just Out (an orange-y red shade).


I forgot to set my makeup so I went back and set everything with the Urban Decay Chill setting spray. I have noticed there is a difference in how this feels on the skin when it is cold vs when it is in room temp but I don't think there is a difference in how it works per say.

I hope you enjoyed this look! I absolutely love the Younique shadow formula. The eye shadows are richly pigmented and apply easily on the lid. The shade Gentle was highly highly pigmented! 

Thanks for reading!!

     ~Naty

No comments:

Post a Comment